Thank you for your interest in Austin ISD PreK!
PreKindergarten is an early learning program designed to meet the needs of our youngest learners. Children must be 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2021 and meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- Family meets income guidelines associated with the free/reduced meal program or receives any of the following benefits:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Limited English Proficient - Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Eligibility is based on results of language testing.
- Military Parent - Child of an active duty member of the armed forces or is the child of a member of the armed services who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Homeless - As defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Foster Care - Child is in, or has been in, conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services
- Star of Texas Eligible Parent - Child of a peace office, firefighter, or an emergency first responder who has received the Star of Texas Award
Families interested in PreK should complete and submit the PreK Eligibility Screener to have PreK eligibility reviewed and verified.
Families will be notified of eligibility status for PreK via email and may check the status of the screener by returning to this page.
Questions may be directed to Let's Talk.